• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Today's M109A3 recovery

3dAngus

I sold that truck to Steve up in Michigan who drove down, picked it up, and drove back home.
I really enjoyed it. The box in the back left corner, if I have you correctly, was a desk with drawers for a computer or whatever, and power connections as well as TA-312 connectors for the commander to chit chat on the field phone. The water tank was plastic and had a 12vdc pump under the sink to pump the water out of it to the shower or the sink. The pump is the same as you see at a farm store for pumping out of a tank your weed killer or herbicide on a small scale operation. They are great little pumps. The truck just needed a little bit of running and clean filters and she ran fine, but then after about 150 miles or so, Steve had an idle problem when driving it up to Michigan, and later found out a spring broke. As long as he gave it the gas, she kept on going.

I would love to see Steve come on line and tell us of any new updates he did to it. I miss that old commanders truck. :beer:

Major Sam

As a owner of two 109's, one turbo, one not, but both multifuel, I have experienced the same power differences. I found that more often than not, the problem lies with the fuel filters and or the injectors themselves. This is especially true if someone ran oil or old deisel fuel in it. Run LUCAS fuel injector cleaner through it. I'm positive you'll feel a big difference as the injectors clean up. Oh by the way, these engines DON'T LIKE HIGH R.P.M.'s. You want a happy engine? One that will live? Keep the R.P.M. under 2300. I try to never take mine above 2100. Engine runs cooler, oil stays cooler..........happy motor! Hope this helps you out.....Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks