• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Today's post sticky

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure if it is technically possible but would it be possible for moderators to make a thread a "sticky" in Today's posts?

For example, things concerning site outing or other site problems. Very often, the amount of new threads pushes those threads quickly to the background. Another one for a sticky might be the GA legal stuff thread.

Part of the low response to such threads is that a lot of people do not see it because it is below the radar before they notice it. I have the same, I only look at "today's posts", not specifically at special forum sections, so I miss a lot. That is my mistake and my loss. However, I think some threads are too important to get snowed under or to hope that people will find it regardless. Besides, making it a sticky automatically generates more interest.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Stuckied to the forum, but I can't make it stick in the new posts. I'm sure they'll keep replying to it though. ;)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I thought it would be not possible with the "today's post" knowing how that works. One option might be to add a "today's important thread" link to the yellow banner above the threads (I mean the one with no politics or auction references) but that probably will go too far and a lot of extra work again for you.

Pity, but what can you do. We just have to keep it bumping then and pay more attention.