• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Today's posts

Shark Bait

When I try to view " Today's posts" all I get is a page of random script. Probably men's something to a computer savvy person but not me. Lol. I've tried logging out and ack in with no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm fighting this as well. For now if you click ctrl+F5 from the weird script page, it will load normally. I need to do more dumping and restarting on mine as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Correct. All of you that are having problems were hitting the site the other night when PHP wasn't running. Your browsers instead of seeing the PHP generated pages, actually looked at the page script and cached it. We'll take "new posts or today's posts" for example. When you click on that link, you're hitting a file on the server called search.php. That script doesn't have any real detals about the site. It simply just instructs your browser to call the script on the server. Then in the background, the server uses a engine called PHP to run the search against the database as well as present it back to you in the webpage you're expecting. Since this PHP engine wasn't running Tuesday night/Wed AM. The server simply displayed the script instead. And since it's a small script, your browser cached it and has retained it thinking that's all it needs to display.

So the fix for your computers that have this issue is to clear the internet cache or first try a forced reload of the page. Here's the steps for IE11. (At the bottom of the page are other options)

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/internet-explorer-11/

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try dumping your cookies.
I hurl my cookies after a good bender. Does that mean I have to drink a lot this morning?

;-)

Really, this isn't rocket science. Just do a clear everything out of your browser. It's simple and easy to do and easily searchable on Google for every browser. Couple of clicks and you are done.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same issue with my iPhone. Cleared the cookies and cache and now all the planets are aligned again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks