• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toggle Starter Switch OEM?

renovate7

My 1987 M35A2C I got 2 weeks ago from Mac Dill came with a momentary on toggle type switch for starting instead of a push button. Is this original or is it a replacement?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My '87 USAF A2C has one. I thought they had robbed the starter switch from an 809 series 5 ton for it.

E22, can you shed some light on the NTSB recall?

jasonjc

My '87 has the push button switch. What NTSB recall ????? After 50 years of pusp button's now they are unsafe??? All the fancy new cars have push button start.

XJ01-08

My '88 has a twist switch but it isn't momentary something in it broke or they replaced it with a on/off switch, I just have to remember to flip it back to the off position. I should replace it but I don't think I'd like the cost of the replacement.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a letter from AMG telling units to replace the starter switch the truck came with to one specified in National Highway Traffic Saftey Adminstration recall campaign # 89V-138.