• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tonys M816 Wrecker update

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got it runing today sounds good. oil pressure good. alt. charging but I have a bad air leak if it does't not start raining in the morning see if I can find that and fix and them take it for a drive . I did drive it around the lot at the shop but with no air no good brakes.
AEC Retired tony

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just like you said I buy passed the valve for the tanks I hooked up a 24v fuel pump I had to the fuel filter runing out of the file hole them ran a return also back to the file and turned on pump let run till I had pressure checked for leaks like you said and fired it right off .How that it is home I can play with it and get it right I will be calling you for help .
AEC Retired Tony

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks papabear Richard is a good guy and he tryed to help me get it home I just though he was a 5 ton expert on how they worked. but now I have it home I can break out the TM and with a little help from people like 73M819 I am going to make it right. The 816 is just way cool.
AEC Retired Tony

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
maybe this thread It is Home my M816 can be added to this thread because they both are for the same truck, same topic, by the same SSer, only one thread was started in the WW2 5t trucks and the other (this one) the modern 5t might be a bit less confusing