• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Too Much Smoke?

tco3129

I have an M35a2 with the LD-465-1C (nonturbo). The FDC is not bypassed. It does have a manifold heater. This truck smokes like a freight train. It has less power than my other deuce with an LDT-465-1D which does not smoke hardly at all. I've read the TM's and searched other threads. Would turning down the fuel effect the power output? I know a nonturbo is going to smoke but mine seems to smoke an awful lot.
Any suggestions?

vtdeucedriver

Does a nonturbo have noticeably less power than an LDT ?
Depends on how both trucks are set up. But as a whole, yes. On the hills, that non turbo will lose out to the D on any given day. But if that ole girl is set up right, you will have a faster top end than the turbo on the flat. I had two and both of them could walk away from any of our club members with a turbo.

Wish I still had em.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks