• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Too quick on the "bid now" button??

eodcoduto

I'm stationed in Twentynine Palms, Ca and I have been looking for a truck specifically a shop box truck, for a while now and while I have my eye on one back East, shipping is almost a deal breaker. I read the description, see the videos, sign up and place my max bid . After I calm down I re-read the add and see that the gauges do not work and the brakes are weak. Then I read the recent horror stories dealing with GovPlanet. I think with all fees its not a bad deal but not the best one out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rmtaunton

Read all you can on brakes and elec , probably simple , and check the number 10 wire , brake adjusting and bleeding are prevalent here .

Good luck

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The issues with the brakes and gauges may not be major, but have the truck shipped or flat towed to your home. Then you can deal with the brakes, gauges, and any other issues. There are members here who have far more experience than I in dealing with GovPlanet, and I'm sure they can help you with the details. By the way, you hit the button, but did you get the truck?

Last edited by a moderator:

wsucougarx

I'm thinking the spider harness supplying the gauges power got disconnected. Unusual for all the gauges to not work. Something simple is causing them not to work.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking the spider harness supplying the gauges power got disconnected. Unusual for all the gauges to not work. Something simple is causing them not to work.
Thought some of the older trucks had ground problems and just by taking the four quick locks off the dash panel and retighten them would fix the problem.

Eodcudto you just have byers panic, relax think you will find it that it will not take that much to fix as there is not that much to the older stuff.

smittyjr355

Probably not the best idea to be talking about an upcoming auction and saying how much you are bidding. You never know who is watching. Just my2cents

np2ij

Check the air tanks, the secondary has two petcocks.
people got lazy and may not have drained all three petcocks.
I got suspicious when my wipers started spitting rusty water.
it also cost me 2 airpacks.

far as gov planet i just bought a 5ton it was pretty smooth process. I won the auction paid and truck was delivered in couple weeks. The truck was in overall good shape as described a couple minor issue but nothing major.

Landbarger

Don't believe all the horror stories about GP. Well, don't believe that every experience goes that way. I'm sure lots of us have had fine experiences even if you have to get on them a little about getting your documentation to you in a timely manner.

Like Floridianson said, sounds like you've just got some auction jitters. I think I know what you're feeling. I won my first trailer semi-accidentally. Things have only gone downhill from there... :D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder for everyone, usually we do not allow any discussion of current or future auction items. The originaL post and many others have been edited or deleted and while it is still against the rules the staff has decided that this one time we will allow this thread to stay.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would hope that I'm not the only one looking at this truck, and if I lose out on the deal we have validated the free market system!
And validated the reason why we do not allow discussion of current and future auctions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks