• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took #2 right side Alt to repair shop

davo727

The local alternator-starter repair guy seemed pretty confused by my alt. I tried to explain the isolated ground deal to him. He said he would take it apart monday and call me. He said he had an old army repair guy friend he would call about it.

Im not feeling too confident about this. I may end up just picking it back up.

Anybody know anything I should tell him to keep him from screwing it up? I dont want to get it back and blow out my elect system.

m38inmaine

The only thing different is that the ground stud is isolated from the case by an insulating bushing. If they can't figure that out, bail!

davo727

Got it back and it works good. When I ran it the other alt- drivers side was squeeling like hell and it was that metal guard for the radiator hose was bent down too far and the top of the left belt was hitting it. Bent it back up and im good to go.

Making progress, Elec system seems pretty happy now . Even the volt gage works.