• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took Manifold Heater Fuel Nozzle off.. Need new one/Broke it

Somemedic

And now I cant find a schematic of what goes where. The pic somebody recently posted was for the side closest to the firewall, with the parts inside in order. Thats not the big issue, the nozzle side has a small spring, a 3 pronged crown (Im guessing it holds spring) thingy, and a small ball bearing. Im sure it makes some sort of check valve but it fell out as I was slowly removing the nozzle. -24 and -34 dont show the insides either.

Also, what size is the spark plug for the mainfold heater? Will any size with matching thread work??

+EDIT+

Had it back together tightening the housing onto the intake manifold and *snap* fuel nozzle housing broke off in manifold. Would plug it but it seemed to work minus the leak. Anyone have some on the going up on the block cuz Im now in the market.

Attachments

Somemedic

Thanks to DOGHEAD for sending me his nozzle (thats right, Im using another mans nozzle in my manifold). Doesnt leak a drop... from there at least.

Now Ive found another leak from on top and toward the front of the valve cover. Its a device I believe is part of the FDC or the manifold heater solenoid. It appears to be a barrel with a fuel line coming out of it.

How would i get another one of them barrels and stop the leak?? I'll get pics whenst I is able.

EDIT

Added these pics from Ronbo, didnt think he would mind. That round canister barrel thing is what appears to be leaking. Saturn carry them and what to I tell them to send? Ur help is appreciated

Attachments

Last edited:

Somemedic

Cat, Cougar, I got the assorted buch of O-rings from the A-zone and used a thicker but tight ring. With a screw driver and a tad bit of soap I slowly finesed it back into the housing. It was tighter than (insert something crude here) and I would bet it wouldnt have leaked.

As far as the right order up top in the far right pic I havent the foggiest. Gotta ask a guru. I can tell you I did change the order at the last minute but that doesnt mean it was right. The one Doghead sent me was A-OK and didnt need the oring replaced.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you got it OK, and it worked well also!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks