• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took my bumper off last night..

Givinup

Before I dig into the TMs, can anyone help me identify the two pictured here.

It looks like I have a bit of hydraulic oil leaking from the link here (I've never noticed any drips before).

Additionally in the 2nd picture, does anyone know what the specific steering linkage part number is? I assume mine is weakened since there was some play in it and it looks like that.

I haven't spent much time on it, ran out of time last night after removing to really dive in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Left pic is your service brake quick release valve. Could be a little oil in your air system. Gotta replace that finned tube air dryer thing with the newer model. Play in the linkage or in the steering? All the trucks have slight steer play when sitting.

Givinup

Left pic is your service brake quick release valve. Could be a little oil in your air system. Gotta replace that finned tube air dryer thing with the newer model. Play in the linkage or in the steering? All the trucks have slight steer play when sitting.
A little bit of wiggle back and forth on the linkage itself.

coachgeo

For Archive purposes

Before I dig into the TMs, can anyone help me identify the two pictured here.

It looks like I have a bit of hydraulic oil leaking from the link here (I've never noticed any drips before).

Additionally in the 2nd picture, does anyone know what the specific steering linkage part number is? I assume mine is weakened since there was some play in it and it looks like that.

I haven't spent much time on it, ran out of time last night after removing to really dive in.

ec9c5e484a7f8fd44ad85a4170400c93.jpg

3096923bb3cae2f9b02147e5a951de60.jpg

coachgeo

Archived to what? (I'm relatively new to the forum and am unfamiliar)

Archive/saved on SSoldiers (upload the pics to to here where they will be saved/archived. Doing so here GREATLY increases odds they will be available in the future to review) .

One of.... if not the LARGEST benefit of a board like this ..... is it gives ability for folk to search and read back thru GOOD threads with good picture documentation written in the past to learn about there trucks.. how to fix them etc. This place is a like a library. An old thread becomes useless to future readers if the pictures that once sat inside them are no longer available. What good is a repair manual you find in a library with the pics ripped out. IMHO there is 99% chance your pics hosted at tapatalk will eventually get ripped out, deleted, or moved by tapatalk making them unavailable here.

Besides Bad archives throw Netiquette out the window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4EfoLzu_I

Last edited:

Givinup

Archive/saved on SSoldiers (upload the pics to to here so odds are greater they will be available in the future) .

One of.... if not the LARGEST benefit of a board like this ..... is it gives ability for folk to search and read back thru GOOD threads written in the past (past thread.... aka Archived threads) to learn about there trucks.. how to fix them etc. Well..... an old thread becomes useless to future readers if the pictures that once sat inside them are no longer available. IMHO there is 99% chance your pics hosted at taptalk will eventually get axed by them.

Also Bad archives throw Netiquette out the window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4EfoLzu_I
Gotcha. Thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated

Givinup

Not usually wiggle in the linkage. Can you see where it is loose?
I'm not sure what the component should be called that looks dirty/corroded in the middle of the linkage. This is what wiggles. When wiggling, it makes the linkage move a bit.

I didn't check for wiggle/left right play in the linkage itself to see if the middle area moves and vice versa, but will check tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks