• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took my Deuce to the scrapyard!

Wolf.Dose

Recycle!
Drive a classic.
But live time of automobiles is limited. I had to scrap my CUVC M1009 with 232K5 miles 2 years ago, too much rust (rear cab mounts rotten away beside others), too much other work (auto trans needed rebuilding, many seals leeky, prop shafts worn out etc.). Not worth any more to waist 4 or 5 weeks work on it. And too thirthty for German fuel prices! You must remain, beside the love to the hobby, realistic!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just hauled scrap for my work last week, got $280/ton for prepared. Makes it pretty tempting to part a deuce :cry:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard the reason that scrap metal was up was primarily the world market pressures, notably in China, where they were spending 50% of their GDP on domestic infrastructure, like roads, buildings, etc. That level of construction can't be sustained for long (the USA has an average of I think 15% of our GDP going to infrastructure), and when their construction boom starts levelling off (and the cost of making steel from scrap approaches the cost of making NEW steel) then the demand for scrap will go down, hence a price drop.

Enjoy the high scrap prices while they last. It might be only a couple years or so until they plummet back down to $40 a ton, like it was in the early 1990s.