• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the deuce camping.

79driver

This past week i took my duece camping at the Larry Joe Taylor Music Festival. More or less its five days for people camping, partying, and listening to great texas music. I think there were about 45000 to 50,000 people there this year. They have about 400 acres sectioned off for camping and people bring everything from tents to RV's and travel trailers to old school busses that have been converted to campers.
I have been the last five years in a row but this is the first year ive had the deuce. I put the cargo cover on (raised up 18 inches for headroom), added a bed, couch, and a couple ice chests and built a wall at the rear with a door and a window. Overall everyone had a great time and the duece was a crowd favorite, as well as making a great temporary camper.
With the help of a friend i can have it turned from the regular cargo bed to camper in a couple hours. It lacks a bathroom or shower or any appliances, but i only camp like this 2 to 3 times a year so this setup us perfect for me.
Oh i also included a picture of my friends bright orange bus for laughs.

Attachments

79driver

Thanks for the compliments guys! I need to make a few improvements for next time, nothing big, maybe just some 24 volt lights in the back on a switch. (I was using 120v powered off my generator but i dont run the generator at night so it would be nice to have something besides a flashlight when you wake up at 3am.) I also need to make or find some better steps, the trailer house steps were a last minute thing and served the purpose but were not ideal.

namedpipes

I liked the camper setup. A nice compromise between sleeping on the ground under a cramped and leaky tent and sleeping in a rolling apartment rv. Add those lights and maybe a camp chair and table and you've got a great rig!

steelandcanvas

Way too cool of a setup!! Nice and Homey!! Your flag reminded me to go to the kitchen and throw a few cubes in a glass and pour me a few shots of 'Ol No. 7!! You did good my Friend. You aren't from Texas, are you?[thumbzup]

moleary

Just one question... does your wife get pissed when you take that sofa out of the house, or when you bring it back in?

Seriously though, that's a cool set-up. It wouldn't take a lot more than that to make it livable for a week. A chemical toilet and a self-container cooking / power station module that you could lift into the back (small water tank w/ pump faucet into a sink, house bank of batteries and an inverter, etc) would pretty well round it out. The back wall is genius.

79driver

Just one question... does your wife get pissed when you take that sofa out of the house, or when you bring it back in?.
Well thankfully im not married, or i probably wouldnt even be allowed to own the duece, but that couch is kinda ratty and stays on "standby" for special occasions such as this, the rest of the time it stays in the garage.

and yes the bottle of old no. 7 was brought out and passed around a few times, as well as some good ol cold beer. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks