• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the Deuce out for a drive

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Took the duece out for a drive

You are so right. Yesterday I added the 3rd seatbelt to my TN dropside and took my 2 young sons (6yrs and 16 months) out for an hour ride. Didn't really go anywhere but still had a blast. I think next week we are going to toss the cover on the back and head out to the wildlife preserve and do some hot weather camping. The top will serve as shelter if it rains and we'll just throw up the mosquito bars on the cots in the back. Doesn't get any better than this.

Alredneck

Banned
RE: Took the duece out for a drive

Its good you had time to be able to get away from it all !!!!

dirtyfingernails

No one really interested so I'm keeping it for now. I suppose fuel prices and cheap GL auctions are partly to blame. I'm kind of glad it worked out this way. I would have regretted selling. So come on over and take a gander!
Steve

pa.rich

I also took mine out of the classifieds, the duece in my avatar. I really love that truck, and would hate to see it go. But no offers, so it is gathering dust and a birds nest in the front chassis rail! Someone make a fair offer. Sorry for the hijacked thread. :oops:

Orionspath

I am still riding on the same adrenaline! Next weekend I am going to the mountain farm to take the kids for my 3rd weekend with the truck in 6 weeks! I am so jacked up, I hope it is a quick week! I read a post the other day from one of you guys that had just brought home his baby for the first time. He stated that he could just sit and look at her and take it all in. I still feel this way and just know that I always will. Surely this sense of appreciation will never leave!
Pete

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pete, I've been collecting deuces and 5 tons since the early 90s and trust me when I tell you, I still get a thrill out of pulling up a chair and just gazing at the trucks I have. It never goes away. In my humble opinion, the G-742 series of deuce is the most pleasing vehicle to look at in the MV field. It's a great bunch of compromise efforts and engineering marvels to create one of the most versatile and well rounded vehicles known. I may not drive them as much as I want to but I'm sure as heck not getting rid of them.

55Cameo

For everyone that has never seen Steves' truck in person, it is one of the nicest MV's that I have ever seen. He has done an excellent job in his attention to the details. If I had trucks that looked that nice in my motorpool in the Army I would have stayed in for a full 20 years :D. By the way Steve, I'm taking the Deuce out to the mud hole in a couple of weekends if you want to get yours dirty also or if you want to come along for the ride.

55Cameo

It is called Horse Hole Mud Boggs. It is 45 miles SW of my house. You can go to mudup.com to check them out. It is a real nice place to take the family out for a day of fun in the mud. It is the weekend of June 21st and 22nd I think. We will probably go on Sunday. We usually leave about 8:30 or so in the morning and stay till about 3pm.

55Cameo

BTW you don't have to get yours muddy, I'll let you drive mine through it. It is right at home in it. The last time I went out I was driving it through 6' deep stuff with no problems. My daughter even drove it all around.