• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the Deuce to work today

Jesse6325

Brought the deuce to work today. (Picking up an awning. 20 ft long.) 50 mile trip one way at 45 MPH. You know, The Deuce may be hot, slow, noisy, and no power steering but I have to admit that the trip into work was both relaxing and enjoyable.
What can I cay, I'm wierd.:cookoo:
Funny how EVERYBODY at work chases me down to comment on Big Green Ugly.

91W350

I was going to drive mine this morning and opted for the little Dodge tug, I can park my yard four wheeler behind the tug and still stay in one parking spot. That little Dodge sure is handy in the yard. I did drive the deuce to the liar's club morning coffee Sunday. There was a parking lot full of hotrods and what was everybody standing around talking about? How much mud those 1100 Michelins would pull on the old deuce. Then came the what kind of engine, and I remember when..... It was fun. Glen

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i drove mine to work this morning. i still have my 1923 Ford Roadster in the back from the Syracuse Nationals car show. It looks pretty good in the back. people are pretty used to seeing it in the parking lot by now. the truck just turned 40,000 miles and 800 hours on the engine last week. i bought it with 26,868 miles and about 240 hours. its a lot of fun! :-D:driver:

steelandcanvas

I would love to drive my Deuce to work someday. I work with a lot of Veterans, most of them know about the Deuce, my activities with the Club, and have asked me to bring it in. There would be plenty of conversation, however there isn't a parking place big enough to keep it in all day, and leaving it out on the street is out of the question. Maybe I'll touch base with the site LEOs and see what we can do.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive the M814 to work about once every two weeks. I always get the "just what in **** do you do with that thing" question from coworkers. Then there was the one guy that gave the "Long Easy" the once over, gave me the once over, and proclaimed that "Parker, you just ain't right". :cookoo::jumpin::driver:

Jesse6325

Some things I did learn today.
1. With creative use of straps you can carry an RV awning that is the length of the truck no problem.
2. Orb spiders are not pleasant creatures to share ones shirt with.
3. While 45 MPH is plenty fast for me in the Deuce other road users apparently have differing opinions.
4. No matter how many windows/vents you have open 101 degrees F is just plain hot!
And 5. A Deuce makes a pretty good sauna.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working for a Funeral Home, it's always a fun and eye-catching experience to drive our Deuce to work in my suit and tie!!! Consequently, I prefer such use in more moderate weather, but if we have a funeral worthy of a "Deuce Salute", she rolls regardless of the weather!!!

[thumbzup]:jumpin::driver:

phil2968

Some things I did learn today.
4. No matter how many windows/vents you have open 101 degrees F is just plain hot!
And 5. A Deuce makes a pretty good sauna.
If you close all the vents and side windows and open the front windshield a few notches. the incoming air from the windshield will push all the hot air from the cab and cool you great!
Try it and thank Recovry4x4 for that tip!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks