• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the M-37 to the 2015 ATHS National in York, PA

USMC4302

Met up with a few other MV's at the 2015 American Truck Historical Society National Show & Convention in York, PA last weekend. 1,213 trucks in all. Not too many MVs there, but a nice variety. Besides what you see in the pictures, there was a WW1 Packard truck on inside display and a WWII Ward-Lafrance 10-ton wrecker (That many of you probably know, and Johnny G will correct me if I called it wrong :) ). Met up with the other M-37 owner and had a very nice chat. Also, two Mules were there and I got to drive one of them --- a lot of fun.

aths-york-2015-mv.jpgaths-york-hauler.jpg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets NOT forget the beautiful looking U1300L Unimog with what looks like a MK 19 on the turret!!!
KK

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I like the obstacle clearing device on the front bumper of the wrecker, Do you have any contract info. for the wrecker owner ???

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
and a WWII Ward-Lafrance 10-ton wrecker (That many of you probably know, and Johnny G will correct me if I called it wrong :) ).
Yup, was a great show - we hung out with the Ward owner (they are actually designated 6 ton "Heavy Wrecker") as one of the guys that came over from the UK has one also (him and I toured Normandy in it for the 50th).

I like the obstacle clearing device on the front bumper of the wrecker, Do you have any contact info for the wrecker owner ???
Spoke to this guy as well, he worked it up until a few years ago in NJ I think. Truck looked from a distance to be a M543 as the air cleaner had been moved to the passenger fender and three bypass filters (or similar) resided on the drivers side. I was actually pointing out all the heavy fab work on the rear, to one of the guys from the UK, when the owner showed up. "Holmes" gear (reversed tow bar), some kind of self contained powered spade deal etc.

Heresy I know, but it made a nice change to see all those shiny trucks versus the same green truck after green truck.

Never did get to meet Mr Ice Road trucker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks