• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the M1009 offroading in the woods of NH

zaxcucv

The truck performed admirably... three jeeps broke out of the 12 vehicles on the trail that day. None of the Chevys did. Those Toyota FJ's were pretty good too. These pics don't do it justice, there were some very steep steps and the combo of the gov-loc, the minor lift, and the duratrac tires turned the "09 into a climbing machine! Not sure if this photobucket link will work, the pics aren't '09 specific but there are a few shots of me in there. My paint is frickin' pissed at me tho...
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Attachments

Skinny

Clean 09

Where in NH? I used to run all the class 6 roads in southern NH when I was wheeling a stock sized Wrangler back in the day.

zaxcucv

Clean 09

Where in NH? I used to run all the class 6 roads in southern NH when I was wheeling a stock sized Wrangler back in the day.
I wasn't leading, but we started in Pembroke, went Allenstown, epsom, chichester, pittsfield, then I bailed. Some guys stayed for loudon, and the next day they did Weare, deering, henniker, hillsboro, and bradford... I couldn't make the second day. Good group of guys on exploringnh.com

It was my first time offroading the '09 and I was impressed given its size compared to some of the smaller rigs.

dirtroadoutlaw

Awesome man! I love the m1009. I started off wheeling mine in stock form like that then went nuts & got addicted to upgrades Lol! I took m1028 axles & stuck under mine along with too many other upgrades to list. I kept all of the blackout & all functional and am trying to keep most all of the mv theme with the exception of making it a full-vert with the addition of a '74 windshield frame. My wheels are 8-bolt hummer double-beadlocks too..... just slightly modified Lol...

Nice rig! It looks to be very solid. A tad of advice though, go ahead and get yourself a steering box brace because your frame can crack even with stock tire/wheel like mine did and on terrain very similar to what is in your pics. It's just a little insurance is all and only like $150.

Man.... I love seeing these rigs getting wheeled!

Edit: I just bought a 6.5 donor because I too feel the need for the turbo :)

Last edited:
How do you like the doubler?

Absolutely love it.. i went with the 3 stick Shifter.. ( 1 stick for 203, 2 stick for 205; 1 front and 1 rear axle) and found myself using 2 wheel rear Low.. alot....when trail riding.. So when the terrain gets a bit rough, i simply engage the front for true 4 wheel drive... and when it really gets ugly, I have a E locker, and Simply flip a switch to turn on locker.. ( rear is already locked)

this setup allows for me to run 2 wheel high, low, or Super low in either front or rear axle or both for 4 wheel in engagement..

leeh725

Put a Yukon Gear limited slip in the front and a Detroit Tru-Trac in the rear and you'll wake up the monster in that rig. As well balanced as that rig is, it will amaze you with true four wheel drive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks