• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the wife out in the Old truck.

WARWAG

Or is it Took the Old wife out in the new truck? Either way we went out today and hit the trails near our home. The kids were off at friends for over night stays so we took advantage and went wheeling. I took my wife to show her some old buildings that have been there for quite some time judging by the hand hewn mine shaft support logs. Here are some pics. We plan to hit the trail again in the morning.

cucv1833

Thats cool. nics pics. thats a deep mine shaft. i hope to take my old lady on a wheeling adventure soon. The last time i put here in my M1008 and it broke down and she said she will never ride in it again.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing! What happened to the head light assembly? Can you imagine the amount of personal labor that it took to make that mine shaft? WOW! Didn't stop by HmDpt or Lowes and get some of those timbers. Good to see your wife enjoying the capabilities of the MV and it's ALWAYS nice to get away from the kids for a little while!
God bless,
Tony:grin:

Last edited:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sure looks like fun. I love using my mv's off road. The problem here is, the only thing to look at is mud holes and pine trees. After a while all mud holes look pretty much the same. Please post more pics if you have them. That's some pretty scenery.

combatmech

Thats right Warwag, rub it in....LOL. Looks like y'all had a good time. What hit your headlight? I sure do miss being able find stuff like that.
There is a dirt road that goes from the Stillwaters ( south of Fallon ) that goes all the way up near Lovelock.....Drove it once in an 03 GMC Serria.

wikallen

Looks like a nice mine. Is there anything around that shaft warning you that it is there? If you call the BLM and give them the GPS location, they will come out and fence it. I love seeing old mines, but hate to think of someone falling into it, that does not see it there.

BikerBi11

Took my wife out in the M1010, for the first time, the other day. She was NOT impressed. I guess that means that I will have to buy a Duce.... maby that will impress her.

DrJekl

Took my old lady out in mine the other day and I was about ready to throw her out before we made it to our detination a whopping ten miles away. I already know it is loud, squeeky, makes unusual noises, has no radio or AC, etc. Saying it 47 times will not change a **** thing! Do they take a class in school for that?

WARWAG

Oh man some of these responses are Classic! Where to begin. OK the head light grille assembly was munched by a tree branch. The trail in most spots is so over grown that only a motorcycle can make it through unscathed. It is a road but just over grown and most sane people wouldnt dare take there rig down it for fear of scratching it. I dont have those worries. In one spot on the down hill side I was in 4 low 1st gear. When I had to make the tight turn and back up to avoid hitting a branch I put it in what I "thought" was Reverse. Turned out to be Drive and i just barely hit the branch...... Rookie move of the day on my part. The mine shaft opening is not covered and there is no fencing or warning signs what so ever. There are many like this and some are over a 1,000 feet deep and much bigger! Saying you need to watch your children and pets is an understatement. I will be back later today as we are getting a late start this morning. I will be posting more pics for sure.

Last edited:

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took my wife out in my M1009. Once she realized that it could handle the terrain she had a blast! How cool is it when the our spouces actually enjoy our hobbies?

WARWAG

Well we just returned home. We didnt quite make it to our intended destination but its the Journey not the destination that counts. We ran out of time due to many trees being down and after going around and or pulling them out of the way we just had to head back home since the kids were due to arrive by a certain time. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks