• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tool Rack / spare tire carrier

sak00

I was wondering if someone had a picture of a complete tool rack for a M35A2. My deuce came with a couple of tools with it, but I don't know where they go. And I don't know what I am missing. This is the rack above the spare tire. If this isn't the tool rack, what is it. I am still learning.

ONTOS66

Follow this url. This guy did a nice job of research and includes tool specs, photos, etc. No reason to re-invent the wheel in this case.

Generally speaking (and there are always variations, modifications, etc.) the tool rack held a "D" handled shovel, single bit axe and a mattock with handle. On one of my tanks I added a bow saw, and later replaced it with a folding saw to cut camouflage and other tasks that an axe didn't do as well. A sledge hammer is occasionally added, or a piece of pipe as a breaker bar for stubborn lugs, etc.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos41.htm

acetomatoco

There are some locking kits floating around somewhere to keep the ovm from walking away...somebody in VT was making them... I have a brand new rack for sale...never installed... no tools, no straps, no adaptor brackets for the Deuce application, but has a nice Warranty Decal on it!! $100. When you are looking for a shovel, the #2 D handled (wood) is the generic name, but measure the overall length as some are about 2 inches too long for the rack and some, as jeep owners have found out have a different curve and don't fit the body contour well.. The mattock is a flat blade on one end and a pick on the other...a larger version of the belt worn unit for foxholes in WWII. The axe is a 4 pounder single bit, and watch the handle length on this one too... There are only three straps involved and away you go....paint em varnish em let em rust...local commander's option...