• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tools for the multi fuel engine and NCH 250

MudTruckDaddy

Looking for help on special tools for both engines.
And help identify this tool. USGI Military Honeywell Turbine 4 Jaw Puller LTCT5100-01, 5120-01-412-8977. What is it used for and what engine. Thanks

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Puller is definitely in the 5ton and over range....

I thought most tools were close to standard hand wrenches except for the head wrench/offset

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Special tools for the LTD engine are about 10-15 pages long. 99-99% of them will never be used by the normal person. If you want them all, you need to rent a zeppelin hanger to store them in. :)
Nah, they all fit in a box about 12 x 12 x 40, weighs a ton, but the one I got had THREE deuce headbolt wrenches! Laid out they fill a 12 x 20 ft floor. And you are very correct that most of the tools will never be used except as paperweights.

Mrgior31513

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm building tank trucks junk like the company last stand survival. And I'm in need of all tools to rebuild and make these trucks.
I usually just get the specialty tools I actually need when I actually need them. Half the time I can easily build my own tools or come up with something cheaper/simpler that works. I've found that many of the specialty tools you "need" to do the jobs are really not all that necessary, most of the time regular tools work just fine.
On my cummins build I had to buy the 32 spline socket for the injection pump, the barring tool, got a tool from PDP for the valve spring compressor, and the tool to install the seal on the front timing cover. There were more tools, as I noticed later. All of them? No thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks