• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(TOOLS) section memebr search idea!!!!!

ssgtwright-usmc

When I went to tools and went to member search I was hoping that I could filter the members by STATE so I know who lives near me in Hawaii.
I see that a filter has not been established so member can locate other members by State.
I think this could be a usefull tool for members who may need a little help in looking at parts that may be on their side of the State instead of someone driving 100 plus miles just to get their and find they are selling crap.
Just a idea about filtering members by State location also like you have it by join date and member screen name.

ssgtwright-usmc

The member locator map is good if you know the members screen name and wanted to find out where that member is from.
My idea is to have a filter in the location portion which would filter the States so we would be able to find members within our own State or to find members in other States if we needed help from them
Me being in Hawaii, I might want to find a member lets say, Barstow CA and wanted someone to go look at a item for me at GL before I made a bid.
That member might be able to help out and let us know "Hey, great deal so buy it" or "Man, dont waste your money like that, if you are then throw some my way"!
This would even be helpful if we found items on ebay or craigslist but are not able to look at the items due to our location.
Our members could take pics for us and e-mail us the pics before we buy items from people we dont know.
Having a filter on our member location I think would be benificial and also allow us to meet members within our local areas of our own States.
Just an idea which I think would be a helpful tool.

mangus580

This has come up before. With the current software package behind the site, it would take way too much work. Also due to the inconsistency on how people enter their location, it wouldnt work very well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the map it is not necessary to know the members name. Simply click on a balloon and the member's name will pop up.