• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top Bows

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A question about cab top bows - my M36 has the two folding cross bows across the back of the cab but does not have anything runnung in the other direction. I see Saturn has a top (mine's missing) with three supplemental bows. I can't figure out how or where these would attach. Did the older units not use these? Anyone got a pic? The TMs don't seem to show them anywhere. Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are support rods. The top cross bar at the back of the cab should have 3 holes in it and the top of the windshield should also have 3 holes. I can't tell you if the older trucks had them or not.

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maccus - yup thats my M36 - no holes in cross bar or windshield frame... vintage. The pic is excellent thanks.
Joe, have been to your web site - cool stuff. Definitely interested in the take-offs at that price, great. Do you think you might be able to give me spacings on the holes I need to drill? I don't have access to another M35A2 for reference. PM me.

Thanks guys, one step closer to a roof over my head (so to speak)

Bob

MVtrucker

Spacing is easy. Center is a cinch, usually a hole there. The others are about centered on each windshield, but favoring the outside. If you are going to get a new top in vinyl, it will have Velcro holders for the rods. Put the top on and see where you have to put the rods. Canvas doesn't have the holders, so eyeball it. Drill 5/16" holes and go all the way through the rear bow. Sometimes you have to tweak the rods so they stay in. Just bend them.
E-mail me at the below link. Figure $15.00 PPD USD Federal Reserve Note (play money)or $3.00 in Silver...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks