• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

top end tapping

joeypushjr1

ok i went to this place in hio here called yankee lake . its an of road mud hole and shuch.. well twards the end of the night my 1009 blazer bogged out and stopped.couldnt start it let it sit a while and it started up. but now she burns oil and has a nasty clicking like the valve are chattering oil level up but there is a slow burn. the next day when i look at it one of the 90 deg hoses from the turbo was off so im thinking she sucked water ther was evidence of water in the intake ontop of the block. so pretty much im wondering what yall thinkg the cause of the rattling the truck has now .. as for the oil burn i probally blew a seal which sucks.. thanx..

joeypushjr1

dont have a oil pressure guage on it... and havent really looked at the color other then on dipstick.. im thinking about drainning it any way . would water make it tap like that

stump

If it sucked water in you might have a bent conecting rod. before to much damage is done time for a tear down and check it out. If you wait it can destroy the crank and the block.

Tanner

He could have an injector hammering, rod knock, broken rings, bent rod, etc...

Without an engine teardown or dropping the pan, only Superman knows for sure - it may be 'engine time'. Look around - there seem to be a lot of non-starting CUCV's around for cannibalizing...

'Tanner'

joeypushjr1

**** not at all what i was hopping to hear but expected. i think ima look into it this weekend. hope its not too bad. really dont want to dump alot of mony into fixing it. dont have it to begin with and really dont have a second truck at moment to drive. guess i best start looking. thanx guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks