• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topaz Mountain Debut Trip

Grond

Finally got to take my rig out this week to Topaz Mountain about a 300 mile round trip total! The truck handled flawlessly on road and off and got a great opportunity to climb some decent terrain though I did forget my phone charger some footage and pictures were limited. I had to throw it into low just once to really get out of a sandy wash besides that it would almost Idle in low up %60 percent grades with the front axle engaged. I did however manage to get it stuck once backing around a dead end going over a bolder I initially cleared it but sunk to sit on top of it on the rear dogbones drivers side (noob move and should have just had some one spot me back around). But with a few block and rocks piled around the tires I was out in and over in about 10 minutes with no damage other then a little paint off the bottom. Besides that I learned that three point turns just don't cut it for the M934A2 but was very managable as the area has varying degrees of terrain and space it was a good testing ground. Overall it was a blast and I can't wait to take this rig out for more excursions into the wild! This wouldn't have been possible with out the help and insight I have gained from this site and members here so thank you all! Hit the link for some video. https://www.facebook.com/forest.joh...46297265330/10216146293265230/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/forest.joh...46297265330/10216146294465260/?type=3&theater

Attachments

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Good looking truck, and some pics of your adventure.:driver: Keep them coming.:carnac: At least you used your brain and didn't panic and got yourself out of a tight spot. :wreckerman893:

Do you have a CB in your truck? At the very least if you are OUT THERE you should have some kind of communication. Even if you do not think someone will here you there is always that chance. I have one in every truck and use it every time just to radio check. Whats your 20? :goodjob:

Grond

Good looking truck, and some pics of your adventure.:driver: Keep them coming.:carnac: At least you used your brain and didn't panic and got yourself out of a tight spot. :wreckerman893:

Do you have a CB in your truck? At the very least if you are OUT THERE you should have some kind of communication. Even if you do not think someone will here you there is always that chance. I have one in every truck and use it every time just to radio check. Whats your 20? :goodjob:
No CB but I had some buddies out with me so we could run for help if needed there is a diesel shop with a heavy recovery vehicle about 40 miles out if i got into serious trouble. But I did bring a overkill compliment of tools and gear to assist should it have came down to that. Though a CB is in the works as i get more familiar with the capabilities of this truck and such.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks