• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topless M35A3

Hoefler

Warm here in Minnesota. Time for going topless and found it to be a simple procedure. The soft top on my truck is a bit brittle and had a few holes and lots of Kuwait dust stuck on top of the windshield frame. Took here out and discovered the truck feels about half its size as compared to top up. Me and my dog Jerry will be out riding tonight-with windshield in the down position.
Would be nice to see a 5-ton with no top,

Attachments

Hoefler

It seems like a good way to blow all the winter dust out too. Nice looking duece you have. Perhaps the top and the winter kit go at the same time.
Jerry cans look great on these trucks.
Pete

shenkmen

It seems like a good way to blow all the winter dust out too. Nice looking duece you have. Perhaps the top and the winter kit go at the same time.
Jerry cans look great on these trucks.
Pete
Thanks. That proper jerry can was given to me by a former ARMY FAC who had it sitting in his shed since he left the service. Never met him before. He drove home to retrieve it for me. Nice guy. Wouldn't take any $$. He wanted the can to be where it belongs.

Nice call on the winter front. I know.

I put a new engine in last month and the thing runs verrrrry cold. It has a new 180 thermostat which I have since removed and tested with an infrared temp gun. I've also put the gun on the thermostat housing and various places on the engine too. The reading matches the temp gauge. Some other folks have run into this too.

I'm going to make a radiator cover like cranetruck did - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/...warming-up-160-f-thermostat-2.html#post210721

In the meantime I will continue to tell people the winter cover is Kevlar.

Last edited:

shenkmen

Nice avatar Shenk, makes me want to watch the Herbie Hancock video. I love that song.
Ha. Thanks. It does look like it belongs in that video.

I pulled the image from a govliq auction. His name is "Mr. Hurt".

Mr. Hurt Head Trauma Trainer Info: Realistic cranial trauma management

Cast from an actual victim of a road accident, Mr. Hurt Head Trauma Simulator presents students with a variety of trauma conditions. This simulator comes mounted to a base but can be easily transferred to adult manikins for use in full-body trauma scenarios.

Palpable fractures include:

Open depressed skull fracture Le Fort I & III Nasal fracture Bilateral mandibular fractures Fracture of C-6 vertebra Unequal pupils Hemotympanum Deviated Trach Anatomically accurate human skull reproduction renders simulator radiopaque for added realism

Mr. Hurt Head Trauma Trainer

Boy, we're really off topic now.

Freight Dog

Hi Pete,
Glad you got your top down without any difficulty...
we needed some rain :)
No really! It looks very cool.
I took my -A3 down to O'brien Park today.
I promised to feed her a, "Prius", if we found one near a camp site :)

Lane

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've thought about doing that too, but mines a hardtop, don't feel like going through all the trouble. I'll stick with my M1009 having the back top removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks