• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TornagdGT's M931A2 "Miss Ava Lynn" Mods and Repairs

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the 931 again, I do like the shortened 923 bed up against the cab. It would be great as a dump too!

Wish I had one for a 931 that I have. My M105 bed just wouldn't look right without bobbing. Anyone have a spare cargo bed cheap and near Indiana?

I can't pull up your movie, but that may be my computer.

Tornadogt

I have seen a 1101 on a Bobed Deuce and like it, on a Bobed 5-ton I think some small fender flairs would make it look about right. you would want to leave the spare tire in place and put it behind that. on a 6x6 you should fill in the tire opening or it would just look silly.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter

seano11

Sorry to wake up a old thread. But I'm currently doing the same thing with my 931. Just curious if I get the bed as close to the cab as possible I won't have to do any cutting to the bed correct ? Also what did you use for spacers between the frame rails and bed ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sorry to wake up a old thread. But I'm currently doing the same thing with my 931. Just curious if I get the bed as close to the cab as possible I won't have to do any cutting to the bed correct ? Also what did you use for spacers between the frame rails and bed ?
Most people use 4x4 posts. Bed to the cab and it is fine. You will have to to figure your exhaust though

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seano11, are you talking about using an 1101 or an M105 bed? Do you plan on leaving the 931 frame full length?

Either way, the axle location will need centered on the wheel well and the back of the bed positioned with a small overhang (rear). On a 5 ton, I would leave the spare tire carrier and exhaust.

My opinion is that the light aluminum hummer style of the M1101 does nothing for the 939 series, that they definitely look better with the 105 bed or cut down cargo.

seano11

Seano11, are you talking about using an 1101 or an M105 bed? Do you plan on leaving the 931 frame full length?

Either way, the axle location will need centered on the wheel well and the back of the bed positioned with a small overhang (rear). On a 5 ton, I would leave the spare tire carrier and exhaust.

My opinion is that the light aluminum hummer style of the M1101 does nothing for the 939 series, that they definitely look better with the 105 bed or cut down cargo.
No I'll be using a m35 bed. And hoping to not have to do any cutting of the bed for the transfer case.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think an uncut M35 bed is too long for a 931, unless you are making a camper and want the floor space. That's about 2' longer than my dump truck (which is the short frame too).

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A m35 bed I's what the original poster used
Yea, I see. It does look nice but it sure makes a lot of work doing it, removing the spare, exhaust and tool box. and then having to re-locate them. I'd keep those things where they are and have a couple feet shorter bed.

Now if you were making a dump, I could see getting the extra space. A dump with the fixed sides works good whereas it would be handy to have side access for a fixed bed (fold down sides), maybe even putting in some extra tie down spots in the bed.

seano11

Yea, I see. It does look nice but it sure makes a lot of work doing it, removing the spare, exhaust and tool box. and then having to re-locate them. I'd keep those things where they are and have a couple feet shorter bed.

Now if you were making a dump, I could see getting the extra space. A dump with the fixed sides works good whereas it would be handy to have side access for a fixed bed (fold down sides), maybe even putting in some extra tie down spots in the bed.
It was actually only about a 8 beer job to get the plate ramps and tire carrier off. My initial plan was to put a 109 box on it but it got put on the back burner well I gut the box

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks