• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

torque arm nut

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
rizzo, murry has them (5.50 a peice) ask for robert, i just bought 12 for the 819. a standard fine thread nut wont fit, its way to thick, the nut takes a 2 1/4 socket or wrench, need both to install a 5t torque rod

rizzo

ok, so that is the only place to get them?

I will have to see if they can ship it so i have it by friday. big mudbog saturday.

rizzo

awesome, thanks for the help. now I know why my buddies 5 ton pit truck had steel rods welded across the ends of the torque arm stud. A bolt coming loose must be a somewhat common thing when they are being worked hard.

rizzo

Re: RE: torque arm nut

rizzo said:
awesome, thanks for the help. now I know why my buddies 5 ton pit truck had steel rods welded across the ends of the torque arm stud. A bolt coming loose must be a somewhat common thing when they are being worked hard.
anyone ever have a problem with this?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: torque arm nut

dont see how the nut can come loose , its pulled down tight and a cotter key, i had to cut mine off, even with heat, the nut wanted to deform before it wanted to break loose (on 30+years makes it hard to get off)
i have welded steel bars across a torque arm stud that had the rubber worn out so that the rod would stay in place till a proper fix could be done. a little slopy but it works., when i first went to work for a dump truck owner in cal. i found about half of his trucks had this TEMP fix, dot did an inspection about 2 weeks later, shut them all down

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: torque arm nut

IMHO, the nut on the drive flanges is the same. Two on every drop-in.

dg