• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque input of M35a2 airshift tcase?

Trango

Hi Folks,

The new truck project continues.

I'm so on the fence about what tcase to use. I have an M818 tcase already lined up, but I'm not sure about the fitness of a non-fulltime tcase (I want 4wd on occasion on the roads around here, and the M818 front output presents issues with doing that).

I hope to go harvest the largest parts this weekend, and I keep wondering if I could find some 1710 yokes to throw on a spare airshift deuce tcase and call it good (and run synthetic, to keep any foaming down). If it ends up getting too hot after some test runs, I could always drill/tap the case and run an electric-powered oil cooler somewhere.

Thoughts? How much torque/HP are these cases seeing at their maximum? I'm looking for actual conditions or test cases where deuce tcases have been matched with monster diesels.

Thanks
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks