• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque Multiplier wheel Wrench Help

jatonka

I have the 24 volt Robo-tool impact wrench and an I-R 3/4 drive 1100# air impact and 2 of the torque multiplier budd wheel stud nut wrenches. We all go after the torque multiplier wrenches when we change tires. They ALWAYS work. The first time. JT

No.2Diesel

I bit the bullet and acquired one a few months ago. All the tool places looked at me like I had three heads. Even the truck places that carried alot of Ken-Tool stuff. They had to "special order" it, oooo Big Fantastic Deal. They made it sound like they were jumping through hoops for me. It seems like service in general at all buisnesses gets worse every time you try to buy something thats not on the shelf.

Total retail price: $425.00 :eek: I also bought the adapter that fits inside the 1-1/2" hex and has a 3/4" drive on it so it can be used with other stuff.

For safe operation, a jack-stand is mandatory to support the end while applying force.

sermis

I have used them and they really help. Able to get nuts loose where a cheater wont. I have noticed that there are 2 different size large handles for them. I have a extras couple left. PM if you want one.

aboonski

Torque Multiplier

Just used mine to assist my friend and fellow SS member (LAVAROK) remove some very stubborn lug nuts on his truck that would not loosen any other way. I got this when I bought my M35A2C and it also came with a very long solid rod which I have misplaced for some reason; I just hope I can find it now!

I took a few pictures of what I have and how we used it on Ian's truck. He will be looking for one of these right away so if anyone has an extra please let me know and I'll have Ian send out a PM right away. Every so often I see them on Ebay but not very recently.

One of the photos shows how I stow the longer hollow part that does not fit into the tool box below the driver's side of the truck - I also stow the solid rod here as well but remember removing it when I took Faye out in the truck recently. I did not want her to bump her head into this thing while we were rolling down the highway.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have one . cliffW had 2 in his hands and decided not to buy both. so i scooped up the other one. its one of those never leave home with out things . TIm

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the instructions for using the tool pending in the technical articles section. If you need a copy I can send it via email.
IMA dumbass- I tried searching the Deuce TM's to no avail.

Will you please post a link to your article here?

THANKS very much.

-Ken

pyro1955

I know this is an older thread, I am currently looking for at the Torque Multiplier's on Flea bay etc.. Has anyone used these on their Deuce, and if so, did they work ok? I know it's not Mil Spec, or original. I need one to repair a hydraulic cylinder and it would be easier to get my wife's buy in if i had more uses for it.

Merc1973

I know this is an older thread, I am currently looking for at the Torque Multiplier's on Flea bay etc.. Has anyone used these on their Deuce, and if so, did they work ok? I know it's not Mil Spec, or original. I need one to repair a hydraulic cylinder and it would be easier to get my wife's buy in if i had more uses for it.
I have the http://www.cheaterwrench.com/ and it was very easy to use when replacing a flat tire on my deuce last month.

rustystud

Actually it is Military issue ! Just not an individual truck issued item. They work great, just don't get your hand in the way of those gears !!! The other downside to them is you need a hard level surface to use a jack stand or you need soldier two to hold the unit. I just use my impact wrench from the air tanks, and if the inner nut starts to come loose you just use the "porkchop" wrench, which you should always keep in your glove box !

pyro1955

Actually it is Military issue ! Just not an individual truck issued item. They work great, just don't get your hand in the way of those gears !!! The other downside to them is you need a hard level surface to use a jack stand or you need soldier two to hold the unit. I just use my impact wrench from the air tanks, and if the inner nut starts to come loose you just use the "porkchop" wrench, which you should always keep in your glove box !
Rusty, the one I am looking at is similar to what Merc has, i need to have one that I can use for other uses as well.

rustystud

022.jpg023.jpg024.jpg
Rusty, the one I am looking at is similar to what Merc has, i need to have one that I can use for other uses as well.
I own that wrench also. It is a "OK" unit, though not for hard or commercial use by any "stretch of the imagination!" . The extension is hollow and the main body casting is cheaply made in China. The sockets are very cheap quality too. It will take a wheel off though ! I plan on disassembling it and machine it for bushings. I have found out on a lot of "Harbor Freight" made in China products that they can be made better with a little more machining and cleaning. I also plan on buying better sockets !

Last edited:

Aernan

Sorry to post onto such an old thread. After you do get the lugs off using whatever method. Do you then use the same tool to tighten them back on or are you using a very large torque wrench?

Aernan

follow up. If I use a torque multiplier to take off the lug nuts. Can I use that same multiplier to put them back on but use a small lower range torque wrench to drive the multiplier? I don't own a 100-600 ft lb torque wrench yet.

rustystud

follow up. If I use a torque multiplier to take off the lug nuts. Can I use that same multiplier to put them back on but use a small lower range torque wrench to drive the multiplier? I don't own a 100-600 ft lb torque wrench yet.

Never use a torque multiplier to install any lug-nut . Not unless you hate the wheel studs. If you don't own a torque wrench then get a 4 foot breaker bar and tighten the lug-nuts down with that. You can get pretty close to the 500ft Ibs needed. I know the TM says the torque is 400 something, but on all industry standard 1-1/2" lug-nuts the torque is 500 ft Ibs.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Old thread so just put all the pictures again. The long handle is 32 or 36", I forget. Somebody put the stud nuts and the cap nuts on at well over 500 ft. lbs ....I figure that as it took this Ken tool and 10 feet of pipe to get them off. And that somebody never cleaned the mung and crud off the cap nuts, studs, studnuts, and wheel holes and surfaces either. I cleaned it all and put a bit of 30W motor oil when replacing like the TM says. (The TM says to throw away the capnuts when removed and replace them.)
Yes I did use a torque wrench to refasten my wheels. I had three so I checked them against each other.
It is in section 9.1 of the TM 9-2320-361-20
buds 1.jpgView attachment Ken-tool brochure.pdfken tool_1.jpgken tool wrench%20break.jpgken tool ps460_p24_25_5_ton_lug_nuts_sized - Copy.jpgken tool budd nuts mine 09212013.jpgIMG_4773.jpgIMG_0493.jpgbuds 3.jpgstick IMG_4721.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks