• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque specs. on the fuel filter bolts

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The torque is 60ft max.

You're thinking of the oil filters. If he puts 60 ft. lbs on the fuel filter bolts they will definitely leak.

FloridaAKM

Like an old boss I had years ago would say, "Turn it as tight as you can get it & go one more turn." That would probably get you in lots of trouble nowdays with fasteners that are designed to torque in @ a given amount & no more. The old boss had a lot of old military gear that he bought @ auction back in the 60's & 70's when it was available & cheap!

ke5eua

Like an old boss I had years ago would say, "Turn it as tight as you can get it & go one more turn." That would probably get you in lots of trouble nowdays with fasteners that are designed to torque in @ a given amount & no more. The old boss had a lot of old military gear that he bought @ auction back in the 60's & 70's when it was available & cheap!
First time I did a torsion bar replacement on a m1 I asked about the torque specs. Team chief told me that they used the eek method. Two eeks and it's good. I just walked away.