• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torquing Flywheel / Motor Turning

Mack90

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the manual and 200 to 220ft/lb was the spec. I cannot get it torqued down without the motor starting to turn. Do any of you have a tip on how to keep motor from turning while torquing bolts?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the manual and 200 to 220ft/lb was the spec. I cannot get it torqued down without the motor starting to turn. Do any of you have a tip on how to keep motor from turning while torquing bolts?
On my old V8 pickup engines I used to put a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt to resist turning. Maybe doing the same on the accessory drive nut would work?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I imagine the "proper" way to do it is to use the Cummins tool that inserts into the block's access hole to manually engage the flywheel with a gear on one side and a square indent on the other and then put a breaker bar in that tool.

Mack90

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I m going to try a wood wedge first and the breaker bar on front if engine. I hope I don't need the special tool. Great ideas and thank you all for the input!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just use some longer 3/8" bolts and put them in the place your pressure plate bolts go in. Use a pry bar to take the tension when you go to torque the flywheel.

Personally I just hit em with a Milwaukee half inch gun and roll on

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks