• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

torsion axle trailers

Barrman

I have never used a M torsion bar trailer. But, I borrowed a torsion suspended trailer a few months ago. 26 foot box trailer to haul a M715. The trailer had a max gross weight of 9K. I know there was at least 12-15K inside that thing. I rode a little lower for sure. But, the tires weren't leaning in, the suspension still suspended and it pulled great.

That was my first experience with non tube axle trailers and I was impressed. If I ever need another trailer and have a choice, I would suggest torsion suspension. Not near as many moving parts to wear out during normal use either. Plus, I didn't try this, I imagine if a bearing went a hub could be pulled and an empty trailer still pulled without the opposite tire leaning in and the tire on the same side up in the fender.

Barrman

Yes. You saw how full that trailer was. The payload was supposed to be a max of 6300 pounds. We all know a M715 is right about there by itself. Then we had 2 pallet boxes full in the front, all the stuff in the bed of the truck along with a lot of heavy stuff between the axles under the truck.

Those torsion axles impressed the heck out of me.

jwaller

I have a regular car trailer with torsion axles and they are awesome. they ride smoother and lower than leafs and require less maint and will last longer.