• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total exterior repaint of an M35A2

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My truck needed a paint job when I got it. I spent hours tryingto sand down one fender, got real sick from the dust etc, even wearing a mask. I gave up on the prep work, its just too much on truck that big with 12 layers of paint, some of it brushed on. So I taped everything off and just painted, took me a day but came out real good for less than $200. Between the fuel costs driving it home and time away, you would be farther ahead of the game getting the one that needs a paint job and a little elbow grease. Although the California truck is real pretty.

CanonNinja

I'm looking up places to help with the painting, but cant find much definitive stuff on the knicknacks. Needs a battery box, spare, new wheel and tire for the front, wipers/blades/motors, top, new wood for the back (or refinish it) as well as metal pieces here and there around the truck.

This might be a diamond in the rough with the Continental turbo motor and cab heater, but damn if I want to get the truck running and looking great in 6 weeks or less

hippiedude

These truck`s have thick enough skins you can sand blast (or what ever you want yo use ) patch & paint....I was thinking of taking all the fenders & doors off my truck so i could do inside & out than put back together & do a cover coat so everything matches good & call it a day....Takes time though!!!!!!!

jake-cutter

Hey,

Did you ever get a truck? I went and saw the truck that is $2100. It needs more than a paint job (lots of rust). The lowest he will take is $1800. It does not run, needs at least 1 tire to get it to move (a couple of the others are bad) and who knows what else is wrong with it. However, the drive train does look solid. If it doesn't sell by this weekend, he is going to sell it to a guy who is going to cut it up to build a monster truck.

CanonNinja

jake-cutter said:
Hey,

Did you ever get a truck? I went and saw the truck that is $2100. It needs more than a paint job (lots of rust), plus it is not a turbo. The lowest he will take is $1800. It does not run, needs at least 1 tire to get it to move (a couple of the others are bad) and who knows what else is wrong with it. However, the drive train does look solid. If it doesn't sell by this weekend, he is going to sell it to a guy who is going to cut it up to build a monster truck.
yeah, i sent him an email that it was too much of a project. I bought Area52's truck, and picking it up in a few weeks.

I did look at Mike's $2100 truck, and it was for sure a turbo, I looked right at the turbo. Maybe we are looking at 2 different trucks. The ad i found was on Craigslist, so don't know if we looked at the same one. Shoot me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks