• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Touch Pad Master Switch Repairs

Oldgrunt

I have a touch pad master switch on my Deuce that I have back feed and now doesn't work, have burnt a resister or something. I've been told that the resister can be replaced. Anyone know where to get one, and a check list or scamadic so that I can replace the correct part?

Brett

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen a scamadic for that thing, may be proprietary.... Probably difficult to repair with surface mounted chips and all.
Follow gimpy's advice and install a real switch. The electronic one should have an on/off switch IMHO, like the warning label says "Do not start vehicle while radio (=electronic devices) is/are on"...

Attachments

ida34

Do a search. I had a thread on this with part numbers. Most of the time one or all of the four surface mount relays are bad. I had mine replaced but the relays are kind of expensive and I had an electronics person experienced in surface mount components to the repair for me. I am on dial up so I can't find the thread for you.

Oldgrunt

Does anyone else have the TM numbers to make the repairs ? I have looked high and low thru the TM's with no luck. I would really like to have the touch pad back in the truck and use the three lever for a spare.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Chuck, I searched ALL the threads you have started. No info found other than how to operate said switch. I did like the Red-Green show thread though. :p

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the parts are available from places like digikey, i have one here i need to repair. if i had several to do at the same time it may be cost effective. the switches are only something like $125 new.

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks