• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow bar holder?

jimm1009

I ran across some pictures on S.S. (or another related site) of an active duty truck over in the sand that had this installed.
I beleive that this is an unoffical fabrication but it did have the tow bar in it on the front bumper. I wonder if this was an idea that was stolen from the wreckers but don't have any experinece with them (wreckers).
I think that the area with the holes were on the top horizontal portion of the bumper and the front tiedown rings were relocated or removed for the tow bar brakcets.
Of course there was a similar one the other side of the truck as well.
If anyone has pics please post them as this is a really neat idea if it is capable of theft protection as well. This and the appropriate canvas cover for same would be really Kooool!
Nice find you have there. I would like to have detailed pictures of this one some day.

jimm1009

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend owns a machine shop and I was thinking of bringing it to him to see a cost for fabrikation of this part.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend owns a machine shop and I was thinking of bringing it to him to see a cost for fabrikation of this part.

I would be interested in one if the price is right. Or if you want to sell the one you already have.................

Strykerboy

yup that be a tow bar holder I've seen them on truck's before a well as a big bolt head welded to the bumper with a 4 inch round steel plate washer that gos over one end with a big wing nut to secure the front of the tow bar and the legs rest on a welded on or bolt on section of angel iron along with being straped into postion.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It goes on some kind of big tracked vehicle-M88, etc.

There are pics out on the forum somewhere on a thread.

In fact there is an entire thread about tow bar mounts and such.

combat32

I agree, it looks like the brackets that go on the back of the 88.You guys are gettin fancy, I always just throw mine in the back:mrgreen:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Who can find the thread where this was originally posted? The [picture itself should help you out, grasshoppers :p

Attachments

emr

yep, and way to big to use....but of coarse could be down sized, I will post the most awesome one in a few weeks or months when the design gets registered...:grin:

Jones

Oh, it's up there. I'm 6'3" and it's at eye level to me.

I'm only running the ''medium'' tow bar and it's almost all I can do to bench-press that much weight up and down by myself.
However, I have learned to clamp the tow bar legs together... after only three pinched knuckles episodes.

I can't imagine hoisting the ''heavy'' tow bar up and down from that perch.

JAYHAWK 1962

I saw a picture in one of the threads i think on antennas showing a deuce that had some type of a tow bar mount on the front bumper. Would like to find one for mine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks