• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tow bar info needed

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its the standard adjustable medium tow bar. Yes, you need the feet(and pins) to use it
knot used to truck type nomenclature well i am but was in fling wings. how is somebody supposed to know what this means. hopefully i bought the correct feet and pins, they will be here tues

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
knot used to truck type nomenclature well i am but was in fling wings. how is somebody supposed to know what this means. hopefully i bought the correct feet and pins, they will be here tues
If your lucky. Hmmwv's use 3/4" pins and different feet size than M35s use 1" pins and feet for the same size pin.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Light/Medium towbar visual aid: Light is on left, tube is 2.25" od, medium on right, tube is 2.75" od. The medium did not exist until the 80's, prior to that only the light existed and was routinely pretzellized by the military. It was almost impossible to find a good one, you had to buy 6 to make 1 and even then reweld this and that.
ok cool. OIF1 always carried a tow bar strapped to front bumper beams. sometimes was convoy security so we were bobtail now and then. not a bettn man but the 818 w/5k was easily towed with my assigned average looking tow bar no complaints except how to connect air lines. gotter done but my preference is to disco trailer of whatever kind and tow broke bobtail. re hook up to trailer with any available operational bobtail. leave something on the side of the road at sunset it will be gone by sunrise or missing pumps engines ect. 5k in pix has some fresh AK holes. the JP8 made desert sand stick and look pretty. cots were a bit stinky on roof of tanker

Attachments

Last edited:

Jericho

Contact Fuzzytoaster on this site he did have feet and correct pins, 1 inch for M#
35 and up, his prices were very good. Evil knows his tow bars and believe me if he says its heavy, ITS HEAVY , I said ,"n[aa. Ill carry it . LOL

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Also if it fails i have about 30 1inch feet and 20 3/4 inch feet for medium bars with pins. And i ran out of fingers and toes counting the medium heavy feet yesterday.

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your lucky. Hmmwv's use 3/4" pins and different feet size than M35s use 1" pins and feet for the same size pin.

yup got the feet w/ attaching tow bar pins were correct with my order, the tow feet to vehicle bumper were tree quarter inch and my ol betsy '71 M818 and has 1 inch feet to bumper frame pins. so one of two things i could do drill 3/4" holes to 1" holes or save em to tow a hummer if for whatever reason that may happen in my travels or somebody calls me when the bar lets out. from my recent spending i/me have learned be smart and know what your getting or talk to person selling item and find out whats missing. when i buy and get correct stuff i wanna rock and roll. if knot it takes the wind out of my sails until i fire up the atv or lawn tractor. thats my story

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people have used a 3/4"x 1" bushing and used the feet and pins you have to tow trucks with the 1" hole.

Tractor Supply has them in the 3 point hitch pin section.

Last edited:

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that idea but i have no 3/4" actual pins and one more thing, was a flight engineer on fling wings and hoisted up to 25k with available 100 ft cable from a hover in the woods or open field. everything depended on everything to be somewhat right for everybody and everything to go home in one piece. i made it this far and i think I'm gonna skip the bushings. in a bind your idea is ok with me

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please use the correct forum, we have a parts wanted section in the classifieds for this type of thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks