• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Bar/M105 Recovery

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My recovery of my beat M105 trailer and large towbar could have gone better! I got the Trailer and twobar for $191, I really just wanted the towbar for my wrecker. Called ahead and found out one trailer tire was toast. The GL folks were very helpful with the recovery( I take back "some" of the negatives I have been saying about them"), mounted the new tire got rid of some of the trash in the trailer and found gold in the trash, a new box set of two Medium towbar feet! As I was leaving Hooks I was diverted through a gravel parking lot where the trip took a turn for the worse, I ran over a six inch drive extention in the gravel, cut right into my almost new $188 truck tire. My trailer and towbar doubled in price, the tire wasn't repairable! And I still need a couple of 1.5 inch pins! I hope I can recover most of the overage by selling the 105 as a firewood carrier, less the lights, wiring harness, and brake stuff. I still got what I wanted, just not as cheap as I had hoped!
James

Attachments

Last edited: