• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Bar/M105 Recovery

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My recovery of my beat M105 trailer and large towbar could have gone better! I got the Trailer and twobar for $191, I really just wanted the towbar for my wrecker. Called ahead and found out one trailer tire was toast. The GL folks were very helpful with the recovery( I take back "some" of the negatives I have been saying about them"), mounted the new tire got rid of some of the trash in the trailer and found gold in the trash, a new box set of two Medium towbar feet! As I was leaving Hooks I was diverted through a gravel parking lot where the trip took a turn for the worse, I ran over a six inch drive extention in the gravel, cut right into my almost new $188 truck tire. My trailer and towbar doubled in price, the tire wasn't repairable! And I still need a couple of 1.5 inch pins! I hope I can recover most of the overage by selling the 105 as a firewood carrier, less the lights, wiring harness, and brake stuff. I still got what I wanted, just not as cheap as I had hoped!
James

Attachments

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have comprehensive insurance on the tow vehicle, it might cover the cost of the tire replacement. Might be worth checking out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks