• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow bar towing... what about brakes/lights????

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When Rob and I bought two deuces from Chambersburg PA back in June, and the EUC was approved, I was able to borrow a towbar and light setup from another Steel Soldier. So, that covers the lights (you can homebuild your own light setup with a 6-conductor cable about 20 feet long, a trailer receptacle, and two composite lights). For the brakes, we didn't hook them up, and it rode just fine. In towns and smaller roads, where we had to make turns and stop at lights, we just gave ourselves a little more room to stop. It stopped just fine.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not hard to hook the brakes together. Where the air line goes into the back of the airpack, take the line off and install a male air nipple(quick connect for air tools). Then off the left rear of the towing deuce's glad hand hook an air line to the air pack of the towed deuce.

When you step on the brakes on the towing truck, air is sent to the towed truck's air pack and applies the brakes.

I use a 50 foot air line, has glad hand adapter on one end and regular connector for air tools. Takes maybe 10 minutes to connect the brakes together.

Dennis

dmetalmiki

brake couplings

I fitted a service line in the same method but(permenantly affixed) on the front as per M54,and a shut off on the airpack.(where its "Td" in) the emergeancy line if fitted as well (twice air store) good for reserve on hills and (required) check braking!

rizzo

RE: brake couplings

I built a light bar and used LED lights

a friend of mine just used it on a 300+ mile trip to pick up a M543 (white in color) that he bought off e-pay. said it works good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks