• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Bar

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've built a couple of towbars and am thinking of maybe selling them. Your welcome to just borrow one to see how you like it but I don't know how I'd get it to you.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I do. Won't be cheap to ship back to me though. I might be able to send it to Mi with Ida34. Chuck, you anywhere near where this guy is starting at?

bambambam22

It is Miltruckman 's place

I am buying two of his trucks and driving them home or driving one and towing one. A cargo M35A2 and a Van ( I think that is a M108 ) no winch on either truck. He is going to ask a wilder friend on his how much to build me one I just cant spend 400.00 on one and that is all I have found to buy.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think that is a ways above chuck, lets wait to see what he says. Come to think of it, it might cost that much to ship it back. Ill see what I can find out.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever towed a deuce before? Especially a heavier 109? think i'd get a 2nd driver. You're also going to want to have cash set aside when somthing breaks. Just a thought.

zb39

Sometimes it is easier to ship then drive. It saves time and is safer if the trucks are unknown.

bambambam22

Man I feel stupid again at least I asked first this time. Towing 1400 miles is definatly out of the question. I should not have even thought about it.:oops: I have learned to ask the SS gang before I make final decisions and it is a good thing. Thanks everyone!!! Will drive or ship. How much should I save shipping two trucks at once as apposed to shipping one. Will it be 1.5 X's or will it be 2 X's the money ar can I get it as low as 1.25 X's the money.

jwaller

It is Miltruckman 's place

I am buying two of his trucks and driving them home or driving one and towing one. A cargo M35A2 and a Van ( I think that is a M108 ) no winch on either truck. He is going to ask a wilder friend on his how much to build me one I just cant spend 400.00 on one and that is all I have found to buy.

If a welder doesn't charge you more than $400 to build a towbar I wouldn't trust it. just remember than when that 13,000 lb truck comes loose behind you and wipes out a minivan full of kids it's all on YOU!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problem I see with shipping 2 is that one is a shop van. At 11' tall you are just about going to need a detach trailer and most of them don't have the length to ship both. I could be very wrong.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problem I see with shipping 2 is that one is a shop van. At 11' tall you are just about going to need a detach trailer and most of them don't have the length to ship both. I could be very wrong.
Kenny, It should still work if the lowboy has a floor over the axles. I've hauled two on our detach lowboy. You just have to run one on the back over the axles. You could do that with the m35a2.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M221, very cool. Joseph, I'd have to use a term my parents used with me when I was a kid. This would apply to you and me both. "Do as I say, not as I do!" While I wouldn't advise people to move some of the stuff I've moved, I still do it. Perhaps I know my own limitations better than I know anyone elses.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

here is my thought on this subject: if you get it all hooked together and going down the road and it comes time to stop, hopefuly you have the air lines hooked so that both trucks brakes will stop, mine didn't like stopping and i had a ring around my neck from my sphinkter ride while the truck in the rear pushed the truck i was driving down a gravel road and through a intersection. shipping will be safer for all bystanders.

dm22630

You have to remove the valve stem cores & let ALL the air out to get the height you will need (after it is loaded on the trailer!) ;)

bambambam22

I am starting to think my only option is to drive both home. I guess I am going to get in one I have here with the wife and let her have a go at it. Pray for me please.