• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow light setup

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got around to playing with my wrecker tow light set I got. The black outs light when I turn on the marker lights. These are new never been used, but there is some corrosion in the light housing where one of the lenses was cracked. Think that could cause the B/O to come on instead of the regular markers? I will swap out the bad housing tomorrow. And check the wires with a DMM if that doesn't work. TIA

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried mine out today, gonna tow a deuce in the morning. Let me know if you need me to trace some wires.

gimpyrobb

All new. I had to unwrap the plastic baggies that held the cinch straps. I wasn't too sure I'd like the connection at the light bar, but is works great. Had a heck of a time getting the protective plug off it though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love my set. Used them extensively. A member owes me a set of LED front markers and rear composites. I'm putting the LEDs on the light bar fer sure (if he ever ships them).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
on my 819, I had to change the truck receptacle, I had 6 trailer leads, NON of which would plug in, after the change , ALL worked , the pins didn't line up on the old one, I have talked to others who had this same problem

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

Sounds like I will need to pin it out. The trailers I have towed worked right, so I will "adjust" the tow light.

gimpyrobb

Ron, did you get the main power switch you needed? I thought you were supposed to get one at the Ga rally, but if you didn't, I have the switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks