• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow lights,and reese hitch mounting?'s

tbar123

I'm entering my local Memorial day parade and am planning on towing the Company I work for trailer. This is a civilian type trailer and is 12 volt. So I was thinking about putting a "tow light" set up for the brake.and turn signal function. What are these called? Just tow light set? I also need to attach a reese type hitch to my 84' M923 so that I can tow this trailer. I have one for my GMC,but the frame mount is to wide. Does anyone have any suggestions on mounting one ? I hope this is in the right forum! Thanks for any and all advice! Have a good one!

kearns

For an M35a2, any receiver for a standard 'chassis' truck should have the same 34" wide frame mount. just pick the manufacturer you like, and what class you want to be able to tow. I went with the Class IV Curt 14082. rated for 10,000 lbs, same as my truck, and uses a standard 2" hitch. ($160 on amazon)

Note: my truck is 'bobbed', so be sure there aren't any brackets in the way of doing this with a stock deuce.

Deuce-receiver.jpghitch-mount.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks