• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow M724 from Syracuse to Malone, NY

Cornholio

I won an auction from GL for a 1968 M724 / 6217 maintenance welder truck. It is located north of Syracuse, NY in Constantia. I need to have it picked up and delivered to a friends place in Westville, NY (just north of Malone). It is about a 170 mile trip one way.

The truck appears to be intact from what I can tell but it will need to be winched onto a flatbed. Original data plates indicate it weighs 8000 lbs.

http://gsaauctions.gov/clsauctions/regn2/21QSCI11028017.JPG

I need to have the truck removed from the site by Friday, April 1st. I have a couple Syracuse and Malone towing companies lined up that could do the job but I thought I would see if anybody from SS would be interested in helping a fellow member out.

This truck will basically complete my set of M715 series trucks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I previewed that truck.

Give me a call.

PM sent.

Cornholio

Thanks for the chat and good site info Doghead. Hopefully I'll be able to make my way down to your neck of the woods this summer to check out that gama goat, mule, and wrecker of yours.

I'll let you know when the M724 is safe and sound at its new home.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good save, looking forward to seeing it restored. [thumbzup]

Since I personally dislike links to pictures, most of which turn out to be dead ends a short time after posting, I will crassly take the liberty of posting your picture directly to the site for you. Hope you don't mind!

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Cornholio

Thanks Rory! Given the short time period I went with the simple link route but I like your idea of saving a picture of the truck for certainly a longer time period.

I have arranged pickup and towing of the truck in question. I'll be able to examine and take pictures of it this Sunday...should be interesting.

James

91W350

You know, I sold all of my M715s a few years ago and I still want one whenever I see one or a variant. I guess some attractions just never go away. Looks like a great find..... Glen