• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow rope?

Flyingvan911

I figured I'd revive this thread. I want a recovery strap to pull slightly stuck deuces, etc up onto solid ground. Not buried and not hard jerking but just situations where the tires can't get traction. I have found a recovery strap with a 57,500 lb capacity(?). The straight pull capacity is 19,000 lbs and 38,000 doubled over. Is this good for gentle pulling out of shallow mud, snow, etc?

Thanks, David

Oldfart

Tow straps don't have to be strong enough to lift the whole vehicle you are towing. Lifting slings are different because all the weight is on the sling. You do need something strong enough to cover the pulled load, but that is less than the total vehicle weight.

It sounds like the "recovery" strap you found would be ok as the straight pull rating is near the loaded weight of a deuce.

We got a couple of large diameter poly tow ropes from our John Deere dealer that we use in a 40K# motor home and with our JD 4655. They were on sale and seemed like a good price to us. As I recall, the straight pull rating is 38,000# on a 3 inch diameter rope.

Crackerjax

I have a 4 ply 50 foot 12 inch wide strap with loops on both ends and I also have a 5 foot long section for a tree saver with loops on both ends cant remember where I got it but here is a link to a place that has 3 ply. Some place there is a video of 2 trucks playing tug of war with my strap

3-Ply Straps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks