• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar Incident Report

sandcobra164

I flat towed an M818 behind a M936 yesterday at 55 mph on flat ground and slowed down to 40 on some upgrades that slowed me down. Yes, I had chained the towed truck to the pulling truck and yes, it all went good. I've towbared dead trucks for both personal and National Guard use. The pins were fine and I've never sheared on or had to have the chains get the truck back under control. The chains are a safety precaution and should always be used. In the RARE EVENT A PIN LET'S GO, and I stress RARE EVENT!!! A Deuce pulling a Deuce is not likely to put the stress that a 936 pulling a tractor is going to put on a pin!

Choppers

Hello all,

Used tow bars many times on tracked vehicles in the desert stateside and overseas. Now have a m923a1 and a m1078. Never used or heard of chains in use with tow bars. Just got three Medeum tow bars. What chains? Chains? What chains?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

Used tow bars many times on tracked vehicles in the desert stateside and overseas. Now have a m923a1 and a m1078. Never used or heard of chains in use with tow bars. Just got three Medeum tow bars. What chains? Chains? What chains?
Safety chains likely? Not sure what post your quoting/questioning?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's bounce it back after a member here crashed a crash truck into the wrecker boom of a 936 after this IBIS Tek bar blew apart.
Thanks for the pic Wes.

What kind of crash truck? When I think of crash truck, I think heavy tow bar material.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the pic Wes.

What kind of crash truck? When I think of crash truck, I think heavy tow bar material.
Was a deuce crash truck with the nozzle jets over the cab and crap. Was only around 22k or so with everything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks