• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar'ing an M35 w/o steering gear

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
On the bright side, my thrashing to prepare for this trip seems to have paid off. Roughly 500 miles total and every thing worked as it should.
To add excitement most of our drivetime was a temps below freezing and the first several hours were slow going in the snow. Since I almost never drive my truck when it is cold I gave away the heater setup at the last GA rally. :doh:

Here was my solution, it worked well except it's safety that shuts it off if it tips over did not care for South Carolina interstate highways(probably re-lit it 50 times), but it kept the cab comfortable.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth (and it aint much), some axle shims between the front housing to set some positive camber makes all the difference in the world when flat towing a deuce. It's a bit of work though. Can I be so prudent as to ask what kind of straps you were using? Hope they were the hefty commercial cargo straps.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I thought the A3 bed was going on there?
A3 bed is for the dumper......... I think after much debate in the forum, I decided a dropside wasn't ideal for a dumper.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, you need to de-bed one of those trucks and build a tractor so you can piggyback all these trucks you are buying (or Dawn is buying).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Don't give Dawn any ideas-I'll never see my sofa again.

rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks