• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towed howitzers

OldDominionIron2

Is it possible to acquire towed artillery pieces (de-milled, of course) such as a M101 105mm howitzer. Now that I've got the deuce looking somewhat presentable, having some firepower pulled behind it would make a big impression.

jamesfrom180

It is possible but Art. is realllly expensive. I am interested only in MV cause I can't afford BMFG. A deuce is best suited I think to a M37. Basically if it is muzzle loading and black powder your fine. If you breach load you better be black powder. It is possible to go the DD route with ATF. If you really are interested look up a firearms lawyer and ask some questions.

midcounty

I had the same thought. Can find the real operational ones, but that's way too much money for me. Haven't run in to any demilled ones.

OldDominionIron2

Artiller piece

Bismarck Artillery makes what looks like a decent black powder version of the 105mm howitzer, 19 feet long, looks very realistic for $8500. Now where was that spare $8500 I had laying around here........

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My buddy just finished one that was made from a M105 trailer axle, I used the bed on my M818. I followed him to a parade this morning. He made it out of scrap and golf cart parts that were floating around his "man cave". I have watched him build it over the last several months and I think he did well, it traverses and elevates like a real one. He is still building the breach and block, the one shown is a temporary mock up

Attachments

Last edited:

PorscheTech911

My buddy just finished one that was made from a M105 trailer axle, I used the bed on my M818. I followed him to a parade this morning. He made it out of scrap and golf cart parts that were floating around his "man cave". I have watched him build it over the last several months and I think he did well, it traverses and elevates like a real one. He is still building the breach and block, the one shown is a temporary mock up
Thats really cool. He did a great job.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
gbooth Is a master at putting stuff together and making it in to something nice! He rebuilt my ip pump with a pine cone, chewing gum and a bobbie pin. He is the builder and owner of the cannon.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am buying a steel .50 cal repro from this guy, he also has a M101 looking howtizer listed on his website, looks as close to real as possible, cost is $8500, but if you're in the market for a dummy howitzer, there are few who can do it.

Bismarck Guns & Artillery