• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TOWER PARK, Lodi, CA April 17-24

Monster Man

what is the best day to go? the first Sunday it is open, or the last Saturday/Sunday? I can only make it one of those two days, is everybody set up the first Sunday?

Dieselsmoke

Lance, the first Sunday there usually isn't too many people, I get there on Tuesday but most people roll in on Wednesday. The last Sunday everyone is usually packing up early to head home...I wish they would stay through the day on Sunday but only a few real die hards do which is a shame as it hurts the club because some people can only get Sundays off. If you can, the best days are Thursday, Friday or Saturday. The most fun is staying the whole time :) Hope you can make it down.
BTW, did you have your deuce in Sun Valley playing on the hills below all the antennas te other weekend? My friends that live in Sun Valley saw a M35 playing around over there.

Monster Man

nope, twas not me! I was elsewhere in the deuce though :) I'll try to make it down Friday if I can get off, depends if the boss has hired my assistant by then. If not early Saturday for sure. Can't wait! I'll be on the lookout for all you guys

Dieselsmoke

hope to see you all there. Look us up in site 168, it's outside the main area, but you will go right past us getting in. My buddy Bob and I will have two M35's with came net strung up between them.

Dieselsmoke

Well, I was just informed over the weekend that we lost our spot at Tower Park :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am so pi$$ed, we had the nicest site there, room for my buddy Bob and I to park the trucks with 16' between them and about 30' behind the trucks. It's a big site with tonse of shade, several palm trees and a big concrete wall covered in ivy that really sets the scene as it looks like a big bunker!! Well, it seems the park thinks that the concrete wall is unsafe (it's about 6' tall). I used to do concrete for a living and offered to shore the thing up at no cost to them, but they weren't buying it :confused: So, they've now moved us to another spot (at the same price) a lot smaller, no bank to block the delta breezes, no shade and the same price. I'm so [:(!] that I may just blow the whole thing off and not even go. We'll see what Bob says, if he wants to go then I will but sure am pretty bummed out. Todd Haley and RandyA can vouch it was the nicest setting there :banghead:

Dieselsmoke

Yeah, I gotta, there's a whole lot of people that would be mad if I missed it. Last time I missed an event I spent days on the phone explaingin why I couldn't make it. Deuce is already loaded up and ready to go......

Todd Haley

[color=blue>NO] They made you move?! Man, that was the greatest spot there. Bet I know why.... the, ummm, "girl" at the check in counter just wanted you closer to, ummm, her! :turn: :roll: [^] [/color]

Dieselsmoke

you are referring to the hot little blonde right and not that,....well whatever IT was LOL :freaked: Hope blondie still works there :hop: We're gonna miss ya this year, but if ya can sneak out somehow the ice chest will definitely be full...for a while anyhow :scool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks