• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towerguy1's New PIPELINE Deuce !

Armada

Great pics of a great recovery project! It's always a good time with a good friend scavanging parts and recovering trucks! Wish I had a Spencers near me!

BigSkyCountry

Great Photos Guys! Way to Document the entire process! Reviewing the photos is like seeing an entire day of fun like that in 15 minutes. Sure makes a guy start to think about how to find those big green machines. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Jim

carguy455

sure !

BigSkyCountry said:
Great Photos Guys! Way to Document the entire process! Reviewing the photos is like seeing an entire day of fun like that in 15 minutes. Sure makes a guy start to think about how to find those big green machines. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Jim
Hell, Thank YOU guys for putting up with our foolishness ! rofl

Wait till ya see us drop an ENGINE in that sucker ! Thinking of using a Skyhook chopper ! :cookoo:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could step up and use something like my redneck engine picker upper from then I took the wrecker apart.

carguy455

Recovry4x4 said:
You could step up and use something like my redneck engine picker upper from then I took the wrecker apart.
Mike mentioned borrowing an excavator from a neighbor...now need to find an engine, might be a while. -$

Towerguy1

Im currently looking for LDT-465-1C 0r 1D seeds to plant in the engine compartment. With lots of motoroil, heatlamps, and a dash of Diesel, one should just sprout right in there.

carguy455

haucinations

Towerguy1 said:
Im currently looking for LDT-465-1C 0r 1D seeds to plant in the engine compartment. With lots of motoroil, heatlamps, and a dash of Diesel, one should just sprout right in there.
Stop sanding carc without the mask, OK pal ? Or has your "spirit guide bunny" provided you with some peyote again ?

carguy455

Towerguy1 said:
Someone had to get dirty, It shure wasnt Gary!!!! Well ok so he did help some.....[/quote

Somebody had to make all the "executive decisions"...besides, the day I drank gas I dont remember you doing much except LAUGHING !! rofl aua :jumpin:

M35A2

Some fantastic pictures guys.

What amazes me is all your guys’ places. All these photo’s I’ve been looking at usually say “back at my place”. Looking at the picture, there is nothing in the background, just forest, trees, fields. Must be nice living in such an “open” environment. England is SO over crowded, that country like that is pretty rare now.

I think you are in a good position with that truck. As it’s pretty well stripped already. If it was mine I would be getting it sandblasted first and painted before re-fitting everything. Then the truck will look like new when finished.

Hope you get your engine sorted soon. Are you going to fit an LDS-465-1A into it?

Towerguy1

I haven't decided exactly which engine yet. It appears to have had a LDS-465-1A origionaly. I may upgrade to an LDT-465-1C or 1D so it would be closer parts wise to my other truck. (Not that there really are many differences other than the turbo) But I may also choose to make it closer to origional to. I guess it depends on which engine I fine reasonable first in good condition and priced right.

carguy455

Power and space

Towerguy doesnt like my idea of slamming a big 'ol Cat, Detroit, or Cummins in that pipeline and giving it some BIG power !

I think the idea of lots of "space" is what brought my family here from England back in the 1600's . Pack up all yer stuff and come on over, just bring plenty of Earl Gray tea ! Maine still has LOTS of wilderness and land, populated areas are getting exspensive but if you want to "get away from it all" there is still a lot of space left at reasonable prices...just dont plan on getting rich here, make your money somewhere else first, then move here.

carguy455

To anyone familiar with our posts, Towerguy1 and myself were just saddened to find out our freind David Spencer and Spencers Junkyard passed away July 1st. Apparently there will be an auction but its an auction for ALL of the yard, houses, his properties , trucks and parts NOT INDIVIDUAL LOTS. We are still trying to find out what happend, he was only 51. He called me back in Feb. when I was in Florida and we planned on hooking up sometime this spring...guess that won't be happening. R.I.P. David :cry:

m38inmaine

I was up there last weekend, like said it's all one lot. Given the location this would be an expensive loadout for what's left, there are a few M37's, M35' and associated big trailers. I bought an M151 from him but I see all the M151 stuff is gone. Auction is tomorrow. There is a really clean dropside cargo bed at the house lot. Perhaps who ever wins the lot will piece things out. There is a deuce "headache rack" there I'm sure someone would love to have. Only met with him twice but he was a great guy to deal with, he will be missed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks