• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a 103a3

jbk

hello guys , ive have followed you guys on the (towing the 105 thread) trying to get some ideas with my set up. i have a 103a3 that iam in the process of restoring along with a pair of 5kw gensets that will go on it. i towed just the trailer from s.c. to la. with no problems , but without the generators mounted with a 95 chevy half ton pickup. operational weight will be about 4000 lb. i think when iam done. ive wondered if a surge head from a 116a3 would work on the 103a3 if i could get it mounted. ive heard this head is good up to 6000 lb. if my truck could handle the extra weight i wouldnt do anything because i dont think i would move this rig very often. any ideas thanks jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, not sure if it has the capacity for that. The 105 has 4 wheel cylinders to cope with. Don't trust my answer but consider the amount of wheel cylinders when you embark on the solution. Also lt me add that the M116 was built with 2 of the MEP-107A gensets as well and it weighs half the weight of the M101A3. Assuming that you have the MEP-017A gensets, that's about 1000# of generators.

Last edited:

jbk

these are the things i seem to be running into. and mounting the head would be a challenge. ill probly just leave it alone. thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks