• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a deuce with a tow bar

oilcan

5 tons track a whole lot better than deuces while flat towing. And yes, you can pull one with a smaller truck. The usual cautions apply, but with much greater force!

M1075

FreightTrain said:
Personally,I would NEVER tow any more than 1 deuce with another deuce.Now MAYBE 2 deuces with a 5 ton at slow speeds for a short distance but a deuce has enough trouble stopping on it's own.....plus if you park it on top of someone cause they were and idiot,I can see MAJOR legal and financial problems in the future and possibly criminal manslaughter charges.Just cause it can be done doesn't mean it should or it is legal!3 deuces are 43,000lbs.With legal GVW of only 24,000lbs.
I agree with FT and may have misled you with my previous post. I would not advocate towing 2 deuces with a 3rd one either. I would want a semi to do that over the road and agree that a 5 ton could be suitable for slower/shorter runs.

FreightTrain said:
oh,Not to mention around 66 feet for the trucks and around 5-6 foot per tow bar that is 76 feet long!That is one heavy and LONG rig that should only be attemped by a trained and experiance professional.
I did tow 2 bridge trucks behind a M911 once. I figured that the total length was over 100 feet and the total weight over 100,000lbs. Drove it 300 miles down the interstate with no problems whatsoever. Granted the M911 is a beast of a truck and the brakes on both 5 tons were hooked up too.